Saturday, May 16, 2009

You Pulled Me Out Of The Dark And Now It's Light

Summer!! Woo!

School is out, the sun is up, my windows are down, its that time again. I'm always at my happiest during summer. Aren't we all though? Summer to me is; long days, late nights, tea, limeade, bare feet, fresh cut grass, super-hero movies, youth, pop-punk, girls in dresses, forgetting how to hate, etc. I am once again, thrilled for what is to come in the next few months. However, for the first time, I will be attending some summer classes. As this will surely put a damper on the situation, I'll try not to let it put me down too much.

It's basically been a year since I moved back to CO from CA. OH could I ever talk(type) your heads off about this. I won't. I will say though, that I am full of mixed feelings. A part of me is wishing that I never left. Thinking that my teary eyed drive all the way till Barstow was a internal sign to never leave. Maybe the full-body numbness was trying to tell me something? However, I am here in Colorado, and I'm so happy. I will not lie that most of this year has been bland, and boring. Although, I have met this incredible girl! She's so great guys. I love the world and her parents for bringing her here. She's such a gift. I can't wait to run around with her everywhere this summer. We might be trapped in suburbia, but we don't care. We can turn hell into a playground. We're like the heterosexual version of Bert and Ernie. I'm going to be picking so many flowers for this girl, this summer. She's just lovely.

I still can't help but reminisce of the summer of 2007. Driving down pch with Rob listening to "June on the West Coast".. In June! On the West Coast! There's no point in trying to beat that summer with any other summer. That will always be the best summer that anyone will ever experience. So as I'll be enjoying these months, I will still especially be missing my friends.

I've got some goals this summer!

-Eat well, exercise lots
-See as many "Blockbuster" movies as I can. Even if I know they're going to be horrible.
-Go to at least two Red Rocks Shows. Death Cab? Wilco? Kings of Leon? Gin Blossoms?
-Take at least one mini-road trip. Utah? Grand Canyon? Nebraska?

The only thing that bums me out about all this is.. I know it won't be long before I'm back on here, talking about how fast the summer went by, and how nothing went as planned. Let's just try to put that in the way back of the mind. After all, summer is about living each day for that day. You know, forgetting about yesterday and not thinking about tomorrow. Let's try to maintain that.

Just try to love everything this summer.

No comments: