Thursday, September 3, 2009

TFF 2009

Tomorrow, I will be heading to the 36th annual Telluride Film Festival. This will be my second year in a row attending. Last year was fantastic, and this year looks to be even better. It is not one of the powerhouse festivals like toronto or Sundance, but it has been the birthplace for many recent successful films like Into the wild, Juno, and Slumdog Millionaire. the best part of the festival is its intimacy. Press, Writers, Celebrities, and executives have to stand in the same lines with regular patrons. From what I hear, it is quite difficult to receive any kind of credentials to Telluride. Not to mention, Telluride is one of the most beautiful places in the country. Oprah, Tom Cruise, and others have houses up in the hills. I love that the towns primary mode of transportation is by gondola.

My Most Anticipated Films For This Year's Festival:

1.) Up in the Air(Not officially announced yet, but I am fairly certain that it will be a sneak preview)

2.) An Education

3.) The Road (w/tribute to Viggo Mortenson)

4.) Bright Star

5.) Coco Before Chanel


No comments: