Monday, April 27, 2009

Now We Can See

So what have I been up to...

Well, I just realized that I've bought a lot of music lately. I need to take a break from it. I should have enough to tide me over anyways.

Here's what I've got recently:

-My Maudlin Career by Camera Obscura
-The Open Door EP by Death Cab for Cutie
-Lock Sport Krock by Nikola Sarcevic
-Let's Fall Back in Love EP by Slow Club
-Songs of Shame by Woods
-Boxer by The National (FINALLY)
-Now We Can See by The Thermals

They're all great.

So what else..

I finally caught up with season 2 of Chuck in time to watch the season finale tonight. It took a little while to grow on me, but I now love this show. It's fantastic.

Steph and I are attempting to become Frisbee throwing champions. We've had two "practices" so far and needless to say, we have a lot of room for improvement. Especially myself, sadly.

Due to financial issues, I'm going to have to move back into my mothers house. It's not going to be horrible, I'm here a lot of the time as is, but it's still nice to know I've got my little hideaway in Denver when Parker becomes a little much, which can happen quite easily. But I will be able to actually save some money, that I will absolutely need when I graduate. I'm hoping it won't be too bad.

I'm still glued to the NHL playoffs, although the first round hasn't been too incredibly exciting so far. At least not as much as I'd hoped for. Hopefully there will be more "drama" in the second round. However, there are a couple game 7's tomorrow which are always intense.

(As the commercial is playing in front of me) Is KFC going through an identity crisis?? I just saw them advertising "Kentucky Grilled Chicken". Uhh... What the fuck?

I recently created what I think to be the best mix CD that I have ever made. Most of you should know, that's a pretty bold statement for me to make. It stays private for now, but if the beloved recipient grants permission, I just might make it available to the public ;)

Finally..

I'm so sick of this Bipolar weather we've been having in Colorado. the weather sometimes tends to factor with my mood, so it's been messing me up a little. This morning when I left for school, I had to sport the hoodie w/ pea coat situation as snow was getting on my glasses, and by the time I left for work at 3, it was sunny outside and I was fine in my short sleeve. I'm just asking for some consistency.




2 comments:

Martin McCullagh said...

man, where did you find let's fall back in love? searched all the rec. stores in manchester for it when it came out - no sign. Devastated.

Nick Fletcher said...

I actually just downloaded it on Amazon MP3.