Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"What if?" Is Such An Awful Game To Play

I'm about to go to sleep, but before I do..

There's been something bugging me all day for some reason. It actually happens occasionally. I was thinking about whether I made the right decision to move back to Colorado. To give a definitive answer, I think I made a mistake. But the question is ridiculous, considering that it has no relevance since it's all in the past.

At this point, right now, I wish I was still living in So Cal with all of my friends. I feel like I might have missed out on some opportunities, and I feel like I let some people down. It always seems like my friends are having such a great time out there, and I'm sad to not be apart of it. I am reassured almost daily, that I will never meet friends like these in my current situation, here in Colorado.

However, for obvious reasons, I am also really glad that I decided to move back. Meeting Stepho has been the best thing to happen to me since I've been back. I also enjoy being around my family, and having a bunch of "hockey friends".

I just worry myself sometimes that by the time I get back to So Cal, that the "party" will be over, and that all of my friends will have left, or stopped celebrating. But even if that's the case, that's life. It can suck, but it can also be wonderful. I really feel that we're more in control of that than we think.

Anyways, as I said, this is all irrelevant. Life happens.




No comments: